Oldies

I think that old people get it right.

I mean, just take a second and picture an old person. What are they doing?

Gardening. Going for a walk. Getting up in the wee hours of the morning. Saying something like 'I got up in the wee hours of the morning' with an Irish accent. (Haha, I wish ;) )

It seems to me like the older people in my neighborhood are usually doing something enjoyable; something worthwhile.

They get up early and watch the sun rise through their windows while drinking cups of coffee. Then they read the newspaper or pick up a novel for a while. Usually, they have friends waiting for them at a local diner or athletic club for breakfast.



I always see old people going for walks.
I sometimes see old couples holding hands.
I rarely meet an old person who doesn't have something wise to say.

 Elderly folks are the salt of the earth. They have watched the seasons turn from summer to fall to winter and back to spring again more times than I have the patience to count. They understand things that I do not yet because they have learned lessons that only time can teach well.
There is beauty in that.



Feel free to leave comments and questions below :)

Comments

Popular Posts